We all want to write the best story we can — but how can we make sure the story is strong enough to make it worthwhile writing in the first place? I’m no expert, but here are some tips:
- How do you know when a story idea is strong enough?
- 4 criteria for a great story
- What is the ‘secret sauce’ of story idea selection?
- 8 criteria for a great premise
- The difference between premise, concept, and theme
- Tips for creating emotional resonance in your writing
My fictions have appeared in numerous publications, including Saturday Evening Post, New Millenniums Writings, Blue Earth Review, Micro Monday, R-KV-R-Y, Funny in Five Hundred, Blue Lake Magazine, Adanna Literary, Dying Dahlia Review, Off the Rocks, and others. The News was on stage at a Chicago Theater. I was a recipient of a fellowship and grant from the Illinois Arts Council Fellowship in Prose, and two of stories have been nominated for the Pushcart Prize. Also, my book of my stories is being published by Atmosphere Press. If you have’t bought my book, please use Payhip to buy it.