Some say that writing is like sex. An idea I rather like. And certainly, the euphoric state one can get into when writing makes me believe it. Anyway, if you don’t think too long or to deep about it (no puns intended), I think one could make the argument that writing is very much like sex. And that argument might go like this:
– You need to be in the mood to get inspired to write.
– While some writers are in the mood to write every day, your mood waxes and wanes.
– When you’re in the writing ‘zone,’ your wild (i.e. subconscious) mind takes over.
– When your wild mind takes over, you keep your hand moving.
– When your hand keeps moving and the writing flows, everything around you drops away.
– When everything around you drops away, you forget about eating, drinking, sleeping.
– When you can’t forget you’re hungry, thirsty or tired, you’re probably faking it…